Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Happenings 9-15 Crazy Week

It has been a crazy busy week. So busy I haven't even taken pictures of anything I have finished. I did get a shop started on Craft Foxes. It looks like a fun site to get creative.

The weather turned just a little cool this weekend. It surprised me!  I was just going along thinking it was summer, then pow! fall is here. Sweaters, scarves, hats, hand knit socks, mitts weather. Not ready to change all my clothes out, but i'll be getting a few clothes out for the cooler weather.

I love knitting, and the cool weather makes it even more fun. Knitting is a way to keep those we love warm, even when we can't be with them. When my sister got married and was living in Buffalo,  the only thing I could think was "she is going to be cold!" so I crocheted her two blankets. I recently came across a picture of one them. And now I can't find it again.


I also knit a blanket for my brother and sister-in-law when they got married.



It seems to be a tradition in my family. My mother would make these quilts for people. Hours and hours of time went into each one. Then they would be passed on to make someone else warm.

What do you knit or crochet this time of year? This summer I had a little time to rediscover my other favorite crafts, but this cool weather has me ready to knit again.

Visit 100Creations's profile on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment